Cranberry & Maple Pork Meatballs
- Servings: 4
- Directions: 20 minutes
- Cook in: 10 minutes
- 500 g (1 pound) ground pork, lean or medium-lean
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) whole dried sweetened cranberries
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) breadcrumbs
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) green onions, sliced
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) 100% pure organic maple syrup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) soya sauce
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Canola oil
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together except the oil. Using 1 ½ tbsp (25 g) of meat for each meatball, form meatballs and place on an oiled plate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cook meatballs in a non-stick frying pan, on medium heat and with very little oil, until the meat is well cooked, for approximately 8 to 10 minutes, turning meatballs over a few times. Serve with rice and grilled broccoli with sesame seeds.