Glazed Maple Honey Carrots and Parsnips
- Servings: 4
- Directions: 10 minutes
- Cook in: 15 minutes
- 3 or 4 medium carrots (approximately 250 g), cut into 2 lengthwise
- 3 or 4 medium parsnips (approximately 250 g), cut into 2 lengthwise
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) of maple honey
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) butter
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from half a lemon
- Place all ingredients (except pepper and lemon juice) in a large skillet. Cover and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce to medium heat and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, covered, until vegetables are al dente.
- Remove cover and cook for about 10 minutes on medium-high heat until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are tender and have deepened in colour.
- Lower to medium heat once again to colour both sides. Add lemon juice and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.