Orange & Cranberry Fennel Salad
- Servings: 6
- Directions: 15 minutes
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple vinegar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple honey
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 3 or 4 navel oranges
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) whole dried sweetened cranberries
- Sprigs of fennel
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) grilled pecans (optional)
- Prepare the salad dressing by whipping together the oil, maple vinegar, maple honey, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and zest of half an orange, finely grated. Set aside.
- Place fennel in a bowl. Peel oranges, removing membrane, and cut into 1/2 moons. Add orange slices and dried cranberries to fennel. Pour over salad dressing, toss and serve. Top with sprigs of fennel and grilled pecans.