- Peel, core and dice the green apple. Dice the strawberries.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan on medium heat, sweat the shallots, then add the diced apple and strawberries. Add the maple sugar and cook until caramelized. Remove from heat; add the julienne of basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear the foie gras over medium heat until each side is golden brown; leave the inside soft and pink. Remove to paper towel, blot off excess fat and season with salt and pepper.
* Maple balsamic reduction
- Heat the balsamic vinegar on medium heat and reduce by half
- Let cool and add the maple taffy, whisk together
Place the sautéed apple/strawberries on the plate; layer the foie gras on top. Brush the maple balsamic reduction on the plate. Garnish with basil sprig.
Photo by Ricnoyle.com