Maple and blueberry bread pudding
- Servings: 6-8
- Directions: 20 minutes
- Cook in: 45 minutes
- 1 baguette cut into cubes
- 100 ml (3/8 cup + 1 tsp) hot water
- 100ml (3/8 cup + 1tsp) organic maple syrup
- 410 ml (1-5/8 cup) milk
- 220 ml (7/8 cup) whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 190 ml (3/4 cup) organic maple sugar
- 95 ml (3/8 cup) organic maple sugar
- 95 ml (3/8 cup) all-purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the hot water and the maple syrup. Add the bread and stir well so it absorbs all the liquid.
- Transfer the bread to an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, eggs,maple sugar and flour.
- Pour in dish to cover the bread and blueberries.
- Place dish in preheated oven and bake to 40 to 45 minutes or until pudding has rizen and become golden in colour.
- Remove from oven and bruch with maple syrup.