Whole Dried Cranberry and Maple Honey Sauce
- Servings: 375 mL (1 1/2 cup)
- Directions: 5 minutes
- Cook in: 10 minutes
- 250 mL (1 cup) whole dried sweetened cranberries
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water
- 4 or 5 small sprigs of fresh thyme
- 250 mL (1 cup) brown stock
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maple honey
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) maple vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place cranberries, water and thyme in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer on medium-low heat, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until the cranberries are tender.
- Add brown stock, honey and vinegar. Let simmer for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove thyme. Serve with pork, turkey, duck or game meat.